Tuesday, September 18, 2012

List: Top 5 Favourite Syndicated Movies

5. True Lies

The amount of times A&E has brought this movie on I could probably quote it word for word.  I even to the point of knowing when certain scenes happen.  I know when the horse/motorcycle scene happens, when Bill Pillman gets KO'd in the car and of course the only reason I can tolerate those damn Activia commercials today, the Jamie Lee Curtis striptease.  Seriously, I'm tired of hearing how regularly you poop thanks to yogurt Jamie, stop it!




4. Die Hard

My goodness, every Christmas/New Years they bring this on.  It has become a holiday tradition for some network to bring this on, like every Halloween they show scary movies, every Easter it's Ben-Hur, every Christmas holiday where you're home for two-three weeks they bring on the Die Hard series.  Die Hard 2 I'll tune into more than the the others in the series mainly because it's my favourite plus the swerve that John Amos is working with the enemy was always a nice reveal.  Yet to see Live Free and Die Hard but I heard it's good despite the PG-13 rating and Justin Long.  Die Hard: With a Vengeance is just laughable on television.  They should ban any rated R movie starring Samuel L. Jackson in it because the dubbing is beyond ridiculous.  Ever see Snakes On A Plane on television, yeah the movie was bad and even worse censored?



3. The Replacements

Football is my favourite sport, possibly the best on earf (soccer fans sit down).  If there's one thing that will get me to watch a TV movie for two hours and commercials is sports movies.  Add comedy to it and I'm hooked.  Back when it was still TBS in Canada (I'm not calling it PeachtreeTV) they used to premiere a movie on the Sunday and reply it for an entire week to fill the time slot when Atlanta Braves baseball wasn't on.  That's how I thoroughly enjoyed the Keanu Reeves movie where he's not a stoner rock star wannabe or dressed in all black shooting something.  Plus add Gene Hackman, Orlando Jones, formerly of MadTV and the forever funny Faizon Love.



2. Goodfellas


Do I really need to pad the greatness of this movie?  I'll just leave this.



1. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy


60% of the time, it works every time. 

Brick killed a guy. 

You see, I'm kind of a big deal. 

It smells like bigfoot's dick! 

Tonight's top story: The sewers run red, with Burgundy's blood! 

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! 

I believe "diversity" is an old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era. 

I have many leather-bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. 

Tits McGee! 

Mr. Burgundy you have a massive erection. 

"Uh, Brick, before I let you go, uh, are you still having your celebrity golf tournament this summer?" Brick: "No. No, too many people died last year." 

Great Odin's raven! 

Bears they can smell the menstruation. 

You stay classy, San Diego. I'm Ron Burgundy?

As you can already tell, it's a very quotable movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment