Monday, October 29, 2012

The Beets - Killer Tofu



I feel the best way to talk about this is in point form:

  1. I was never a fan of Doug.  I never caught onto the wave when it first started, it was on Disney (ABC) and I was watching Fox and soon after kidsWB at the time.  I'm writing this on the fly, so I don't know what the schedule looked like at the time but Doug wasn't on my to watch this.  Even after Doug moved networks (a couple times actually), I started to watch and still wasn't a fan (Recess and Pepper Ann >>) but do remember two things about Doug: Quailman and The Beets.
  2. The Beets are arguable the greatest cartoon band of all time.
  3. Bangin On a Trash Can, Shout Your Lungs Out, I Need Mo' Allowance were all jams but nothing was better than...
  4. Killer Tofu.  This still jams, very Blue Oyster Cult (I'm not just saying that because there's a cowbell in the song).  A song with a message, boy those are hard to find these days!  "Fast food feels fuzzy cause it taste like stuff that's scuzzy", tell a child that and see what their reaction might be.
  5. I've listened to this for the last three days straight before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment