Sunday, October 21, 2012

Video: Honest Trailer - Paranormal Activity

Now I've never seen any of the Paranormal Activity movies because they look like shit.  There's nothing about moving bedsheets and shadows that make the movies interesting to me.  Well I don't know how much time just magically passed but they're already on the fourth sequel, I have never heard anyone talk about any of the sequels but they seem to be going with the same formula like the previous flicks: "found footage", cast of unknown actors, shit moving in the shadows, doors closing and shots of the audience being startled in the theatres. 

With that formula, this franchise as grossed over $575 million worldwide (and the fourth one topped the box office this weekend).  Movies close to Halloween is easy money and folks like to be in the spirit but they will and have milked this movie, it is Saw of years ago.  Horror movies nowadays are boring, they're stories based on haunted houses, creepy kids or something possessed/spooky from the bible, found footage horror movies being the latest trend in horror and it's nothing worth really watching, I don't see anyone chatting up Chernobyl Diaries or Apollo 18 after they dropped.

Now this latest installment of honest trailer, where they... well it's in the name, they honestly tell you about the movie, they sum up every bad thought I had about this movie in under 3 minutes.  I'm glad I didn't waste my money or my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment